Goldman Sachs has submitted a patent application focusing on how blockchain could cut out the middle man with transaction costs, claiming that the technology could change the current process.
The patent, “Systems and Methods for Updating a Distributed Ledger-Based on Partial Validations of Transactions”, which was published on September 8 by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), was initially filed in March 2015, making it Goldman Sach’s first blockchain focused patent.
The Sydney Stock Exchange is pressing ahead with a new blockchain settlement system that will position itself as a low-cost alternative to the current clearing and settlement system delivered by the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).
A new release for community has hit the demonsaw.com downloads section.
Here are the latest updates since 3.0 went was launched at DEFCON 24:
* queue unauthorized packets then emoty queue once re-authenticated with xfr router
* transfer routers should not be overwritten when refreshing with msg router (keep in memory and replace only). msg router sends back all xfr routers to clients (not just success ones)
* transfer service unauthorized will drop transfer request (to restart). Re-queue and/or don’t restart, just re-group & handshake? Add to post-auth queue and then process upon successful re-connect?
* restart of client should NOT restart transfer routers (allow transfers to continue)
* turn yellow if you have 0 xfr routers
* use transfer router as long as not error status
* max/min transfer routers that are used in transfer? (1 – 8)
* transfer router open fail should abort? Or.. use TTL and fail when we run out of retries?
* right click download, Stop doesn’t appear cross rows (if yes/no)
* fix browse sort crash bug
* wrap all service/acceptor handlers in exception handling
* TwoFish crashes on linux??? (Just use AES for session?)
* 5 sec progress update change from green to blue
* removed early socket close function calls (should fix router crashes)
* return 501 if router uses non AES for session
* router socket->close() – let destructor do it
* porn’s weird file parse issue – i think an exception is thrown tbh
* Only allow folder browsing if folder size > 0
* alpha 1 sets button at 255 alpha?
* auto rejoin client to router if going from 0 -> 1 or 1 -> 0 shares
* minus button remove all (download, upload, etc.)
* Stack crash was occurring on Linux due to 4K worker thread stacks
* Increased stack size to 256K
* Added twofish algorithm back
* tooltip for dock widget
* Added tooltips back
* Updated retry to 1 sec (100 ms was DDOSing the router?)
* retry is set to 0-1 sec now…
* Add retries to services & acceptors
* Remove unnecessary error messages
* Unable to write needs to eventually time out?
* retry should be 8
* bring over random retry code from message acceptor to clients (0 – 1000)
* tunnel sockets to 1
* Restart ignores previous queued events
* unable to write still doesn’t timeout – it does, just takes 1 min
* playing while downloading corrupted file, resume fixed?
* 1 tunneled socket
* 1 thread for message routers
* Display “Upgrade Now” message in chat when incompatible router found